Monday, February 10, 2020

moments of peace


We've had a couple wonderful days off in the past few weeks.

We went on an icy but sunshiny hike with the puppies:


Have I told you how much I adore Margo? She's on the left in the next picture, and that's the face we have the joy of seeing every day (something I'm endlessly thrilled about and grateful for). For most of my life I've heard lamentations from a loved-one about how tough it is to be barrel-chested. Well, Josie is turning out to be rather barrel-shaped. She's kind of a cross between a burrito and a bullet. Like a really fast burrito kind of dog, with all her weight in her chest area. We've started calling her Josierrito, so it appears she has her first nickname.


Robert and I have been having fun figuring out my Sizzix machine, a holiday present from him and my brother, Jason. So far we have made enough circles and flowers to get us to the moon and back.


We've made a few delicious recipes together, including this pretty ham, bean, and veggie soup, a perfect January thing to eat.


Robert even got Ella out in her wagon on one gloriously warm and sunny day. Ella enjoyed every minute of it.

We also took the pups out too. Here is Ella A.K.A. Queen Thug Muffin with her loyal subjects, Goper and Josieritto, the fastest burrito dog in town (but tired in this picture from all her burritoing around).



No comments:

Post a Comment