Wednesday, October 30, 2019

10 Years of Gratitude Journaling Part 10


This may look like a pretty bland journal entry, but it's actually one of the more special ones to me.

This isn't the best picture, but well life.  I'm still scanning the old fashioned way with a scanner that's hooked up to the computer, which is a pain to use. I haven't figured out a way to do fancy scanning on my phone yet. Sigh. I'm so behind the times.

I don't have a great memory like my brother, Scott who can remember all kinds of stories from our childhood. That's one of the reasons I started journaling. It's nice to keep the good memories alive.

I do remember Thanksgiving in 2017 just like it was yesterday. My dad, who travelled most of his life, hasn't been too big on leaving his current town for the last 30 years. I was totally shocked when he said that they were coming up for Thanksgiving. I got to show him all the things I love, including my home and favorite libraries. Looking back at this post I'm not sure what I meant by 'impressed.' I think just like anyone else I want my dad to be proud of me. I think he always wanted one of his kids to become a musician, and being a children's librarian isn't quite the same thing (although I did sort of write that storytime song). I think he's thrilled I love my job though.


No comments:

Post a Comment