Saturday, June 8, 2019

10 Years of Gratitude Journaling Part 6


This next post is a from another fun trip to Arizona - definitely one of the best family trips I've taken. Scott and I had afternoon tea together, everyone threw me a surprise birthday party, and there was lots of time to kick it and enjoy each other (and play quiddler, a game nearly everyone loves). 


I had just read Elisabeth Tova Bailey's The Sound of a Wild Snail Eating, and was talking about it to everyone who would let me - it's still one of my top twenty favorite books - and my mom surprised me with a giant glass snail she found at the thrift store she volunteered at.

Naturally, the snail went into my backpack for the plane ride home because it was so fragile. I nearly died laughing when the TSA agent asked if it had a name.  Sigh, good memories.

Included in this entry is my first Mikellar beer label. I loved it so much I came home and went on the prowl for more. I've tried four and have all the labels. The hello kitty candy wrapper came from a piñata.  Yup, I think there was a piñata at my surprise birthday party. I also saved part of a coffee sleeve from one of Tucson's many amazing coffee places (I'm not sure they have bad coffee there).  And on the right are various notes that Robert and the dogs put in my luggage to find throughout the trip (Ella and the late Rosie apparently knew how to write at some point in their doggy lives).

Every time I flip to this page in my journal it makes me incredibly happy, but also a little sad and nostalgic too. Nothing stays the same, but that's just a nice reminder to enjoy the crap out of all the amazing moments life has to give and also record them so they can be enjoyed forever. Such sentimentality yipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment