Sunday, February 25, 2018

Stinky Pie Ella


After we crossed off everything on our chores list, Robert, Rachel, Ella, and I took a peaceful and delightfully muddy hike.

I was a bit disappointed to discover my favorite trail was closed.  We decided to walk along the creek bed instead, which worked out better for Ella. She had many opportunities to flop and take breaks anytime her humans needed to cross the creek. Each time we lined up rocks and planned our crossing she would ease herself into the cold water, perk her ears, and settle in for the entertainment. Her expressions always conveyed how humorous she thought we were with our rocks and leaping.

"Why the heck don't you just wade through the water?" her eyes seemed to be asking.



I found a tree I could crawl through.  Perfect fort material. 


The creek ended in a gloriously gross mud pit, which made Ella very happy.  I'm sure you've already guessed Ms. Stinky Ella Pie got a bath after the hike.  She also got some drive-thru ice cream. 


It was a beautiful afternoon.  I'm glad we were able to get out and soak up the sunshine.


No comments:

Post a Comment