Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Verdant Fusion

I enjoyed every minute making this piece, and it was definitely a new level for me.  What kind of level I don't know.  I just know it carried a different kind of weight and feeling.  I came across the words, "Verdant Fusion" on one of the tea bags that went into the piece and that's how the name came to be.

I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get this piece sealed in time for the June art fair, but somehow it was ready with about two days to spare.  And it sold just like that.  I didn't even get to hang it up at home for a bit.  But it was also validating that what I felt with this piece and not only what I put into this piece, but what it gave me in return while making it, was felt by someone else.  And the connection with this person was instant.





















This piece is made mostly with tea packaging, but a few other bits of packaging as well.  I used both beige and highlighter green acrylics to paint a background first (a weirdly stunning color combination), and then I just cut the pieces however I felt like cutting them and let the piece be what it wanted to be.  I decided to cover the sides as well, which I don't always do.  It's finicky work, is incredibly fragile, and sealing it is a bit of a nightmare.  But this piece required it.









No comments:

Post a Comment