Sunday, October 8, 2017

Sedona!!


Last weekend Robert, Rachel, and I went to Sedona to hang out with... 

You guessed it!  More brothers!

Sedona is magical.  It's my new favorite place.

These are a few of my favorite pictures from the trip:

While we waited for the rest of the family to arrive, Robert, Rachel, and I did a little hiking in Sedona.  


While off-roading, we stumbled upon the Palatki pictographs. Naturally, like most unexpected moments of trips, this tiny hike along the cliffs was my favorite part of our Sedona trip.  I love this picture because it best describes the feeling of being tucked inside the cliffs.  From left: Rusty Heather, Scott, and Harper.


We went for another tiny hike on what is now my new favorite trail - the West Fork Creek Trail.  A few steps away from the car I found myself completely transported into a fairytale forest.  I cannot wait to go back and give it my full attention. This is Scott and Harper coming out of the fairytale forest.


We spent half a day at the grand canyon, which is a much more spectacular sight when I'm not squinting through a snow storm to see it.  Though it doesn't look it, I'm somewhere in the middle of this huddle.  Turns out Rachel is taller than me.  


Harper stole the show in most of our pictures because she's the cutest and she knows it.  



The more I looked at this mural in flagstaff, the more it drew me in.  I'm so glad I took a picture of it! 


On our last day, Scott and I explored the Desert Botanical Garden in Phoenix.  This is an exceptional garden well worth the steep price of $25 per person.  I loved every second we spent exploring the plants, artwork, and bugs.  Both of these pictures were taken by Scott, who had the patience to photograph the dragonfly while I simply stood dumbfounded by its presence.  We both agreed we've never seen a dragonfly stay still for so long - several minutes!



It was a relaxing, cathartic, and silly visit.  I feel very fortunate to have had so much brother time and family time these past couple weeks.  I will be joyfully scrapbooking my favorite moments for pretty much the rest of the year.   

1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the UK. Glad you enjoyed your trip with your family.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete