Monday, October 9, 2017

Autumn in my city


Though oak mites are gnashing their terrible chompers right now, weather in my neck of the woods has been perfect and worth every miserable oak mite bite.  

We've been gallivanting around the city, enjoying the weather and soaking up the beginnings of a beautiful autumn.

I cannot resist picking up hedge apples, even at the risk of my fingers going straight through a soft spot right into the rotten gunk inside.  So I applaud this unique way of displaying hedge apples and may even try something like it next year.



We've spent quite a bit of time in the creek when it's not raining.  I love how this ground cover is slowly sneaking its way down.  



And I have no idea what this is.  A shrine?  Is this a Saint? I'm enamored with it but only have speculations.  All of the figurines are animals and birds, and there are quite a few doves.

No comments:

Post a Comment